Monday, February 19, 2007

Evening report

I feel slightly fed up this evening, I do hope they deliver my fridge tomorrow, I cannot carry on like this much longer, having no refrigeration for our food, means we have some strange meals. Tonight when I went shopping all they had in my price range (£2.99) was some due date sausages, a few potatoes and a tin of beans, the sausages were fancy ones, and I always panic if I have to by them in case the children wont eat them.
I am very lucky with my kids, they will eat just about anything, for which I am eternally grateful. I still dream of the day we own beds! yes bed's, those lovely soft items one normally spends the evening tucked up in! Well we do not have them, oh I tell a lie we have two beds between 7 of us, we take it in turns to get a night in 'The Bed' it is a pleasure to look forward to when it is ones turn in 'The Bed' , normal people also have things called 'Sofas' yes those lovely soft chair type items one sits in to view the goggle box, well we don't have one of those either!
I also have to trek the half mile each way to the Laundromat with heavy bags to do our washing, I cant afford to dry them there though so have to bring the wet washing home, and have it strewn all over the house, it looks like Beirut in our house most days.
Kids are back to school tomorrow, so early night for all concerned, hopefully I will get to sleep all night I don't think I have had a good nights sleep for about 2 years, no I lie, it is more like 18!
18 Years of sleepless nights, started with children waking me up all hours, then progressed to a husband who demanded I woke him for his 3am shift, and stayed up late to cook for him when he was on his late shift, which meant me staying up until usually midnight to then start cooking again getting to bed around 2am, then having to get up again at 6am! To get the kids ready for school.
I seem to always be forgetting things, and loosing things, mind you the loosing stuff is mainly due to having no storage at the moment except for two dirty smelly units I found in our old garage and have brought here to clean and use, they still smell musty and old though!
Our neighbours one side are Croatian, and boy do they make some noise, cap this with parading around their house naked, and pissing up my fence in the garden, life is not good at the moment!
Most nights they start their loud music and shouting around 10pm, if I have by some miracle managed to get to sleep before this watershed then I am usually OK! BUT if I am late for any reason, then I am kept awake by the awful noise until they finally go to sleep around 4am, all very nice but when one has to be up and dressed by 6.30am to get 4 children ready for school (I am fortunate the older two are not here at the moment they are at college!) it is not easy.
Most days I seem to walk around like a zombie, never knowing which way to turn or where I put my morning coffee.
My kids are good kids though helpful and caring individuals, for this I thank the lord every single night. In my line of work (huh that's a joke at the moment with no current clients!) I see lots of frazzled parents who have bloody awful kids, this makes mine behave even more - they hate to see children miss-behaving! and makes me appreciate the hard work I did on them all those years ago!
God knows six children is a handful, but with well behaved kids (most of the time anyway) It makes for an easier life, I tell you if my lot were nasty horrid kids I would commit suicide.
Managed to buy a cheap bottle of battery acid yesterday (Tesco cheap red wine) one glass rips the insides off your stomach and causes you to feel warm and fuzzy - probably for all the wrong reasons! So am downing the last of it, I don't care I need a drink, life is really getting me down, getting my housing benefit through was supposed to help me, but I don't know how I am going to manage with it being in arrears and four weekly, can I hold out until November to get back into a financial routine? well only one way to find out - if I am still here blogging in November you know I made it!

No comments: