Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Men! Who the hell do they think they are???

Well depressing is what I would call today, bloody hell raising depressing. I mean AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Had a 'meeting' with my 'husband' - I use the term loosely you understand! - He summoned me over to collect some post, and to enable him to add me to his car insurance so I can 'borrow' his car this Thursday, as my son has a job interview for an aircraft company and they want him accompanied by me! - He is under 16 - I get to the train station after trying to call him for ages, only to find when he finally answers he is still asleep, so I start walking towards his house - mine too I might add I own half but that's another story -it is bloody raining and by now cold, he finally meets up with me after getting his head into gear and figuring out where he left the car keys - his excuse not mine - The journey back is quiet.
I walk in - after a quick trip to the bank as I had to repay my brother the money he lent me earlier in the year - he offers me a coffee, we sit down, he moans, he goes on and on about this and that which he hates/is annoyed by/cant stand etc etc, I remain happy throughout, but knowing that after a while he will wear me down, eventually after he finally manages to sort things out, he tells me the real reason he wanted me over was for a cuddle because the poor soul is not feeling well - ahhh - poor baby, he is not well, let us bring out the harps, and the violinist's must make the poor man feel better - Hello does he ever care about me when I am ill??? does he heck! no he couldn't care less, never get a phone call or an offer of a cuddle - not that I am that sad you understand - but like a bloody mug that I am I gave him a hug, BIG mistake! I still love him you see, I just cant live with him, he drives me bloody mad.
After spending all day moaning at me, putting me down, making me feel like crap, talking to me like a two year old etc etc he finally gets me cross - and get this!!! He is finally happy! So why does he not manage to be happy until he has made me thoroughly miserable?? I have never understood this, and this is what I have had to live with for 13 years, it didn't bother me when the children were babies, as I was preoccupied all the time, it went over my head, but now, some days I am in a really good mood, something great has happened, and he just keeps on and on putting me down until I feel bad again. And I am so bloody stupid I let the git do it.
I am so very cross with myself. I was really happy today, I got two £10 gift vouchers through from Tesco, and someone called from the national business awards, telling me he was interested in finding out more about me and my companies, I was really really happy. Now I just feel suicidal.
I will however get over it, after a few drinks - of my 18yr olds bottle of baileys - I will feel better, watch a movie, and all will be well again, but why does he have to do this to me?
I tried talking to him about it, but then he just acts like there is nothing wrong, and I am the one with the problem... well maybe I am, I don't care, I am gonna try harder to stay focused that things will get better, and one day I shall be earning more money than him and I will be happier than him, and he can stay in his pit of misery!

No comments: